UK Plus Size Awards

I was so lucky to attend the UK Plus Size Awards over the weekend. A very last minute outing (thanks to Debz competition) I managed to see all my girls and industry professionals whom I admire and also work amongst. As the night was a last minute surprise, I had no way to buy anything. I'm pretty fortunate to own some Anna Scholz pieces so my first and only option really was to dress up in this silk number. I always feel amazing in Anna's clothes. You can just tell there's thought and love put in to each design, which instantly makes you feel amazing and confident when you put anything on.

At Plus North this year I was fortunate to meet some uber babes who I have become (life long I hope) friends with. These ladies are Hollie, Lucy and (my sister from another mister) Katie (we're the middle foursome below.) All three ladies were nominated for best newcomer blog and I couldn't be prouder of all of them. Hollie scooped the award and I'm soo happy for her.














He actually ended up sitting on our table and was the most genuine person. Sooo funny and great performer.











Soooooo I have some news. Me and Matt are engaged. He realised after I fan girled for him I was the one (and realising he's originally from over the mountain my village is stuck on the side of back in South Wales.) None of the last sentence is in fact true though (apart from he is actually from over the mountain in Caerphilly and the fan girling moment - HIGHLY EMBARRASSING) HOW BEAUTIFUL IS HE THOUGH? UGH 






The upside down castle chandeliers ^.^




Bethany Churcher performing - Stunning voice.




Blobbie Williams (great way to end the evening)



And the winners are .............

Best celebrity Female - Lisa Riley
Best celebrity Male - James Corden
Best Entertainer - Sarah Millican
Best Model - Haley Hasselhoff 
Best High street Retailer -  Yours Clothing
Best Online Retailer - Asos

Best Designer - Lovedrobe 
(biased but Anna totally should have scooped this one)

Best Accessories Range - Chunky Cat Cuddler
Best Footwear Range - New Look
Best Lingerie Brand - Curvy Kate (amazing bunch of ladies)
Best Swimwear Range -  Yours Clothing
Best Magazine - Big Is Beautiful
Best Bridal Range - Curves and Couture
Best Supermarket Range -  George at Asda
Best Lingerie Blog - Curvy Kate 
Best New Blogger - Hollie
Best Fashion Blog - Georgina
Best Person In Business - Andrew Killingworth for yours clothing
Best Blogger - Betty pamper 
Best Fashion Event - Plus North
Best Achievement - Sarah Hadzipasic

Super proud of the blogger babes and Sarah (and of course the brands ;) )
Love
Michaela
xo


15 comments

  1. Such a lovely post, I'm beyond proud of my award! Jealous you got a picture with Matt too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you hun. I'm so proud of you all. hahahaha It's love, meant to be I think (and secretly hope hahaha) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Matt is such a babe! Ooft, I'd have had to sit on my hands or I would've pinched his bum! I'm glad you had an awesome time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He so is! It's love hahaha. Omg I didn't even think to do that, although it does look hes going for a hand full in the pic ;). Thank you hun xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post - you looked lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. So did you!! It was such a quick night I didn't get chance to say hello to many. Can't wait for all the events next year including Style XL ;) xxxx

      Delete
  4. You look hot!! Love your outfit. Also that chandelier is gorgeous!! I'd love one of those for my house! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh wow thank you hun :) hahaha I wanted to take one home, It'd fit right in my living room xxx

      Delete
  5. wow you all look beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone was dressed soo lovely. I was jealous of a lot of the outfits haha xxxx

      Delete
  6. You always look so gorgeous, looks like you had an amazing time too!

    Kim x

    www.callmekim.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Kim. Yess it was soo good. Flew by though and I didn't get chance to talk and mingle :( xxxx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great evening! Love your dress and hair - you looked fab. Maybe you can sneak us into your next event lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete